STANDARD MODEL / SPRUCE
STANDARD MODEL / CEDAR
FRENCH BAROQUE MODEL
35th ANNIVERSARY SERIES
19th CENTURY PANORMO
19th CENTURY TERZ
NYLON STRING HARP GUITAR
D'AQUISTO NYLON JAZZ GUITAR
Options for Traphagen Classical Guitars
- String Lengths
- Ranging from 635mm to 665mm, the most common being 640mm, 650mm, or 655mm. I do make several 660mm guitars a year for clients who prefer a longer length.
- String Spacings
- Almost any string spacing can be customized to fit a player's hand, as can the neck's shape, width, and thickness.
- Body Size
- I make a slightly larger body size for the guitars with string lengths of 660mm or longer. I also make a "Petite" body size for string lengths less than 640mm and sometimes use this body for smaller people who want a 640mm scale. The cut-away model is the same overall dimensions as the standard size but with a rounded cut-away for either right or left handed players.
- Double tops
Double tops or sometimes called sandwich tops have been used for almost twenty years now. The design is a combination of strategically placed solid wood combined with a honeycomb material called Nomex, sandwiched between two thin layers/tops of wood. This design makes the overall completed top much lighter weight thus allowing it to vibrate more easily. This in turn means the player can use less energy to achieve the same volume as a solid top design.
- Multi String Guitars
- Both seven or eight string guitars are available with either standard dimensions or special requirements. Almost all multi-stringed players want a different string spacing. Your needs can be accommodated.
- All finish is French polish. If you require lacquer the guitar will be sent to a professional finisher dealing in lacquer for an additional charge.
- The two standard tuners I use are either Sloane or Gilbert and usually have Ebony or imitation pearl knobs. Rodgers tuners, made in England by David Rodgers, can be specially ordered. They come in a variety of styles and prices. Please inquire.
- All rosettes are custom made in a modern style. The materials and style may vary from year to year depending on my inspiration.
- Can be made for either right or left handed players.
- I generally use K&K pick ups but the customer can request any pickup they prefer.
- All instruments come with a double arched hard shell case. Karura, Hoffee, and Accord cases can be purchased in a variety of colors. For prices please inquire.
Paypal now accepted
© 2017 Traphagen Guitars
PO Box 724 • Bellingham, WA 98227 • 360.671.1017 • firstname.lastname@example.org